“Too often, we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, and honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring — all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia, Author
When you age, your body becomes frail. That means elderly people may already have some limitations when it comes to doing their day-to-day activities at home. Health professionals may suggest outpatient services in Bellflower, California for you to get the needed treatment. Physical therapy is helpful for patients who are having some difficulties with their mobility due to their illness, disability, injury, or age-related problems.
Professionals who are responsible for providing physical therapy services in Downey, California are required to do the following:
- Undertake a comprehensive examination/assessment of the patient/client or needs of a patient group
- Evaluate the findings from the examination/assessment to make clinical judgments regarding patients/clients
- Formulate a diagnosis, prognosis, and plan
- Provide consultation within their expertise and determine when patients/clients need to be referred to another healthcare professional
- Make recommendations for self-management
There are different ways physical therapists and providers of home health services in Montebello, California can help with therapy. The treatment can be done through massage, exercise, heat, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and more. Here are the reasons why physical therapy is also beneficial for seniors:
- Relieve pain
- Improve movement or ability
- Prevent or recover from a sport injury
- Rehab after stroke, accident, injury, or surgery
- Manage a chronic illness like diabetes, heart disease, or arthritis
With Dynamix (Home Health & Rehabilitation), you can rest assured that your elderly loved ones will get the needed treatment; we’ll help them achieve the quality life they deserve.